We hosted physiotherapist and researcher Mitchell Sarkies to discuss:
- His experiences in the public healthcare system as a physiotherapist
- Why is there a gap between knowledge and practice?
- How to implement change in a healthcare clinic, and the power of peer influence
- Issues of overmedicalisation and overuse in clinical practice
- High value care and opportunity costs with passive and active therapy options
For more information on Mitchell’s work, check out researchgate.net/profile/Mitchell-Sarkies and follow him on Twitter @MitchellSarkies.